Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Calling Cards

I collected calling cards as a kid and I clearly remember looking through all the pay phones in my area in case someone had left a card in it. I just liked collecting the different types of cards especially ones from overseas that I had never seen before*. If there was any money left on them that was just a bonus. In my later years I learned how to check the trash section of the pay phones to get all the cards that were thrown away, but by that time everyone knew the trick and my interest waned. Funnily enough though I never actually used a calling card until I visited the US and I wanted to call home (Australia). It was really easy to purchase Australia phone cards and the price for calls was not as high as I thought it would be. It was when I saw the card though that it brought back all those memories of my youth.

*In the authors defense he grew up in a very small town!

No comments: