Monday, January 7, 2008

More Golf Quotes

The best wood in most amateurs' bags is the pencil. ~Author Unknown

One under a tree, one under a bush, one under the water. ~Lee Trevino, describing how he was one under during a tournament

Golf is a game in which you yell "fore," shoot six, and write down five. ~Paul Harvey

Through years of experience I have found that air offers less resistance than dirt. ~Jack Nicklaus, on why he tees his ball high.

It is more satisfying to be a bad player at golf. The worse you play, the better you remember the occasional good shot. ~Nubar Gulbenkian, 1972

Talking to a golf ball won't do you any good. Unless you do it while your opponent is teeing off. -Bruce Lansky

Half of golf is fun; the other half is putting. - Peter Dobereiner

I'll always remember the day I broke ninety. I had a few beers in the clubhouse and was so excited I forgot to play the back nine. -Bruce Lansky

Why am I using a new putter? Because the last one didn't float too well. -Craig Stadler

Obviously a deer on the fairway has seen you tee off before and knows that the safest place to be when you play is right down the middle. - Jackie Gleason


No comments: