Monday, January 7, 2008

Golf Quotes

Some great quotes here - more to come later!

Golf is a fascinating game. It has taken me nearly forty years to discover that I can't play it. ~Ted Ray, Golf - My Slice of Life, 1972

Golf is a lot of walking, broken up by disappointment and bad arithmetic. ~Author Unknown

If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. ~Sam Snead

The reason the pro tells you to keep your head down is so you can't see him laughing. ~Phyllis Diller

They throw their clubs backwards, and that's wrong. You should always throw a club ahead of you so that you don't have to walk any extra distance to get it. ~Tommy Bolt, about the tempers of modern players

If you're caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God can hit a 1-iron. ~Lee Trevino

I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them. ~Harry Toscano

I know I am getting better at golf because I'm hitting fewer spectators. ~Gerald Ford


No comments: