Friday, December 14, 2007

Golf News: Target World Challenge Day 2

Tiger Woods has shrugged off any hint of rust after a two-and-a-half month break to charge four shots clear in the Target World Challenge second round.

Hunting his eighth victory of the year, the world number one fired a sparkling 10-under-par 62 to equal the course record at Sherwood Country Club.

That gave Woods a 13-under total of 131 and ideally placed to win his fourth title in the elite 16-man tournament which he has hosted since 2000.

"I hit some good shots but I made some bombs out there," Woods told reporters after holing an eight-foot birdie putt at the last.

"The only difference today was I made some good putts," he added, referring to his double-bogey on the final hole in the opening round.

"I didn't throw away a good round like yesterday. I am very pleased with the way I hit the golf ball today."

World number three Jim Furyk birdied the last two holes for a 67 to lie second, one ahead of fellow American Zach Johnson who also carded a 67.

British Open champion Padraig Harrington of Ireland (67) was a further two strokes back at six under in fourth place.

No comments: